This is a Unity asset that allows you to turn your display (whether that's a monitor, tv, or projected image) into a window that looks into the virtual space from the perspective of a tracked object.
If you try it out I would love to hear your feedback, so please contact me [ email | twitter ] with your thoughts.
To use in your project:
- Drop the unityPackage into a project that is using SteamVR
- Add the
[CameraRig], then the
PictureWindowUIin the scene, and assign the necessary references in the inspector
- To use a Vive tracker just create a
GameObjectfor it and assign it to the
- Tip: Quick and easy way to attach a tracker to your phone
Directions for use:
- Assign the corners of your display
- Press the touchpad to toggle a debugging box
- Press the menu button to toggle between standard and enhanced view
- Press the trigger to toggle smooth movement
- Hold the grip to reset the window